- Who Hid The Halibut On The Poop Deck?
- Who Hid The Halibut On The Poopdeck
- Who Hid The Halibut On The Poopdeck?
- Harry Stewart
Available on (*):
- 1953 78 rpm single (Capitol 2335, January, 1953)
- 1961 LP The Great Comedy Hits Of Harry Stewart As Yogi Yorgesson And Harry Kari (Capitol Star Line T-1620, late 1961)
- Sailing, Sailing (Over The Bounding Main) (brief parts before each verse only)
Topics (not including words that are part of the title):
Also credited as:
- Yogi Yorgesson w/ The Johnny Duffy Trio
- Yogi Yorgesson w/ Johnny Duffy & The Scandahoovians
- Yogi Yorgesson & GeGe Pearson w/ Johnny Duffy & The Scandahoovians
- Harry Kari & His Six Saki Sippers
- Harry Kari
- Claude Hopper
- Klaus Hammerschmidt
- Yogi Yorgessen
- Hari Kari
- Harry Carey
- Yogi Yorgensen
- Yogi Jorgensen
- Yogi Yorgensson
General type of music:
- novelty song w/ spoken interlude
- Harry Skarbo (at birth)
- Harry Stewart (after adoption as a young child)
- Los Angeles, CA
Also recorded with:
- The Johnny Duffy Trio
- Johnny Duffy & The Scandahoovians
- GeGe Pearson
- His Six Saki Sippers
interesting facts (click to see playlist of show on which fact was mentioned, if applicable):
- He created the character of Yogi Yorgesson around 1933 for radio. The character was originally a mystic, but later became more of a bungler.
- Being of Scandinavian descent, he created his main character using that type of accent, but called it "Scandahoovian".
- His Harry Kari character used a Japanese accent.
- His Claude Hopper character used a southern U.S. accent.
- His Klaus Hammerschmidt character used a German accent.
- His Scandinavian style of humor was carried on by the duo of Stan Boreson & Doug Setterberg.
New playlist search
* Note that it may be available on other releases or formats than are listed, and some releases listed may not be currently available. Generally the first release is listed, along with a commonly available release (for items that aren't out of print), and any Dr. Demento compilations on which it has appeared. Albums may be out of print in their original format but still available in another format. We suggest checking various online stores or the artist's web site (if applicable) to determine current availability.