Available on (*):
- We're Only In It For The Money (February 1968)
Topics (not including words that are part of the title):
- The original album contains two versions of the song. The first version has a second section which is completely different from the chorus, while the second version (labeled Reprise) is a longer version of the chorus section only. Dr. Demento generally only plays the chorus section when playing the first version.
- The album We're Only In It For The Money was drastically remixed in 1984 for release on CD. Later, the original mix was reissued on CD. Unless otherwise specified, the original mix is used on the show.
- #30 1968 (as part of album We're Only In It For The Money)
Also credited as:
- Frank Zappa
- The Mothers
- Frank Zappa & The Mothers Of Invention
- Frank & Moon Zappa
- Frank Vincent Zappa, Jr.
- Steve Vai
- southern California
Also recorded with:
- Captain Beefheart
- Wild Man Fischer
- Moon Zappa
- London Symphony Orchestra
interesting facts (click to see playlist of show on which fact was mentioned, if applicable):
- Well-known guitarist who was extremely prolific, often releasing several albums per year.
- Most of his music is satirical, and his fame goes well beyond the reaches of dementia.
New playlist search
* Note that it may be available on other releases or formats than are listed, and some releases listed may not be currently available. Generally the first release is listed, along with a commonly available release (for items that aren't out of print), and any Dr. Demento compilations on which it has appeared. Albums may be out of print in their original format but still available in another format. We suggest checking various online stores or the artist's web site (if applicable) to determine current availability.