- Ba Ding Ding Ding
- 1984 (instrumental backing)
- 1997 (moped sound effects)
- 2005 (remix of above two items)
Available on (*):
- 2005 CD single (Gusto CDGUS17, May 23, 2005; U.K. release)
- 2005 CD Crazy Hits (Gusto GUSCD03, July 25, 2005; U.K. release)
Cover of song originally by:
- Harold Faltermeyer
Topics (not including words that are part of the title):
- There are numerous mixes. Dr. Demento plays the Radio Mix unless otherwise specified.
- #1 2005 (U.K.)
general information about Crazy Frog
Also credited as:
- Bass Bumpers
General type of music:
- Henning Reith
- Caba Kroll (Reinhard Raith)
interesting facts (click to see playlist of show on which fact was mentioned, if applicable):
- The Crazy Frog character is derived from a 2003 animation called The Annoying Thing, which was based on a 1997 recording of 17-year-old Daniel Malmedahl from Sweden who was imitating the sound of the two-cycle engine on a friend's moped.
- The Crazy Frog became a cell phone ringtone in 2004 and took the U.K. by storm. The advertising campaign for it was the heaviest in the history of British TV.
- On The Dr. Demento Show, the Crazy Frog was first mentioned in the Demented News on the March 20, 2005 show.
New playlist search
* Note that it may be available on other releases or formats than are listed, and some releases listed may not be currently available. Generally the first release is listed, along with a commonly available release (for items that aren't out of print), and any Dr. Demento compilations on which it has appeared. Albums may be out of print in their original format but still available in another format. We suggest checking various online stores or the artist's web site (if applicable) to determine current availability.