- Don't Wanna Be A Canadian Idiot
- Al Yankovic (parody lyrics)
- Billie Joe Armstrong/Michael Pritchard/Frank E. Wright (original music and lyrics)
- February 19, 2006
- The Pass (Los Angeles, CA) & 4th Street Recording (Santa Monica, CA)
Available on (*):
- 2006 CD Straight Outta Lynwood (Volcano 82876-89951-2, September 26, 2006)
- American Idiot - Green Day (2004)
General type of music:
Topics (not including words that are part of the title):
- #10 2006 (as part of album Straight Outta Lynwood)
Also credited as:
- Alfred Yankovic
- "Weird Al" Yankovic & Wendy Carlos
- "Weird Al" Yankovic & The Amino Acids
- "Weird Al" Yankovic w/ The Amino Acids
- Wierd Al Yankovich
General type of music:
- Alfred Matthew Yankovic
- "Weird Al" Yankovic (accordion/vocals)
- Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz (drums)
- Steve Jay (bass)
- Jim West (guitar)
- southern California
Also recorded with:
- Mike Weyrck & Steve Willis
- Vince Sanchez
- Tom Walters, Jon Iverson, & Joel Miller
- Richard "Bopcat" Bennett
- Barnes & Barnes
- Brian Wilson
- Wendy Carlos
- The Amino Acids
interesting facts (click to see playlist of show on which fact was mentioned, if applicable):
- First submitted a song to Dr. Demento in 1973.
- Dr. Demento first aired one of his songs in 1976.
- First national release was 1979.
- The most-requested artist in the history of "The Dr. Demento Show".
- During college in the late 1970s, was a DJ at the campus radio station, KCPR, San Luis Obispo, CA.
- Graduated from California Polytechnic State University in 1980 with a degree in architecture.
- regular sidekick on the live KMET version of the show in the early 1980s
- His 2006 hit "White & Nerdy" was a #9 single, surpassing his previous high of #12 with "Eat It" in 1984.
New playlist search
* Note that it may be available on other releases or formats than are listed, and some releases listed may not be currently available. Generally the first release is listed, along with a commonly available release (for items that aren't out of print), and any Dr. Demento compilations on which it has appeared. Albums may be out of print in their original format but still available in another format. We suggest checking various online stores or the artist's web site (if applicable) to determine current availability.