- Santa Claus Is Watchin' You
- The Merry Melody Singers (backing vocals) (original version)
- 1962 (original version)
- 1985 (re-recording)
Available on (*):
- 1962 45 rpm single (Mercury; original version)
- 1985 LP I Have Returned (MCA; re-recording)
- 1995 CD Holidays In Dementia (Rhino R2 72176, October 24, 1995; unedited original version)
- Ahab, The Arab - Ray Stevens
Topics (not including words that are part of the title):
- The original 1962 version was edited down for the single. Several more recent releases have included the unedited 1962 version. The 1985 version has some different lyrics.
- #45 1962 (single)
- #1 1986 (country, as part of album I Have Returned)
- #69 1997 (country, as part of album Ray Stevens Christmas: Through A Different Window)
general information about Ray Stevens
Also credited as:
- Henhouse Five Plus Too
- Ray Stephens
- The Henhouse Five Plus Too
- The Hen House Five Plus Too
- The Henhouse Five Plus Two
- The Hen House Five Plus Two
- The Henhouse 5+2
- The Hen House 5+2
- The Henhouse 5 + 2
- The Hen House 5 + 2
General type of music:
- Harold Ray Ragsdale
Also recorded with:
- The Merry Melody Singers
- orchestra conducted by Jerry Kennedy
interesting facts (click to see playlist of show on which fact was mentioned, if applicable):
- He has made many serious albums as well as comedy albums. His most successful serious song was "Everything Is Beautiful" which was #1 in 1970.
- He was also a producer and studio musician in the 1960s. He played trumpet on Elvis Presley's "Come What May" and "Fools Fall In Love" in 1966.
- His "Henhouse Five Plus Too" is a play on the 1960s group "Firehouse Five Plus Two" which was a group of Disney animators who got together to play music sometimes.
New playlist search
* Note that it may be available on other releases or formats than are listed, and some releases listed may not be currently available. Generally the first release is listed, along with a commonly available release (for items that aren't out of print), and any Dr. Demento compilations on which it has appeared. Albums may be out of print in their original format but still available in another format. We suggest checking various online stores or the artist's web site (if applicable) to determine current availability.